Monday, August 25, 2008

Graduation...Elation!

Ok, The class is over, no more tests, route maps, commentaries, note-taking, citi-tours, overnight trips, endless classroom days. On Sunday we had the last class from 12:00 to 5:00. We had about an hour to go back to our rooms and get ready for the Graduation. When we returned the staff- members each had something to say to us, mostly congratulatory, and encouraging. We then received our certificates and our much-coveted ITMI lapel pin...
We then went up to the 25th floor of the hotel Nikko where we had a fabulous dinner and more of Ted's recommended wines.
We had a very nice time, and the hugs and promises to keep in touch ran rampant. Then we left and split up to find our own celebrations. The young kids went where young kids go and my group of new best friends and I went to a rowdy bar that featured "dueling pianos". We had drinks and sang-along at the top of our voices even if we didn't know the words because we have been taught how to do that at ITMI.
After we closed that bar we searched for a diner where we had breakfast because we knew we would be sleeping long past the time when free "continental" breakfast is offered in the hotel.
I know you are wondering if I will keep blogging after my trip is over. I will continue to blog here periodically but since it was designed to be a "travelogue" of my travels, I will probably keep it to news of my progress in getting a job now that I am certified and the when I do get a job I wll again take you along on my trips.
Thanks everyone for you support and encouragement. Writing this blog helped me to unwind after each busy day and to summarize the day. And it also gave me something to look forward to as I woke up to read your comments. I hope you all enjoyed my trip and my blog.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo !! Let me be the first to officially say....
Congratulations...now GO GET A JOB !

Anonymous said...

Congratulations ! I KNEW you could do it !!

Anonymous said...

w00t w00t!!! Congratulations!!! w00h00!!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!
GET A JOB SO WE CAN TAKE A TRIP WITH YOU AS OUR GUIDE!!!!!!

Lady Lif said...

Congrats!!!!!!!! We're all very proud!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congratulations!

I volunteer to be a cranky small bladdered lady on your first tour.

To the audience: Does Hallmark have a card for graduating from tour guide school? What about 1800Flowers?

Anonymous said...

Congrats! What's the next step??L??L

Lady Lif said...

So does this mean you're done blogging?

Alice said...

No chris, read the post...

Anonymous said...

Alice..I can't tell you how proud I am of you. then again, you should know that. Great job, Keep up the good work. Love you Nancy

Lady Lif said...

I just read it... in my defense i wrote that before you wrote your post!! Stop trying to make me look stupid! ya bastid.

Now come home already. Except you're not gonna like what you come home too. Eva now associates mammar with Barack Obama and whenever I say grandma she says rock omama and whenver I say Barrack Obama she says Mammar/Horee. Sorry. You better fix this.

Alice said...

LOLOL, Chris that child will need serious re-conditioning and she will get it when I got home!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! You did it.... but who on this blogger page thought for a second that you wouldn't! Have a safe trip home.
Miss you!

Anonymous said...

Just had to say congrats! You look so proud!!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!
we knew you could do it!!!