Friday, August 8, 2008

Getting Ready

I am all set to begin my Big Adventure. I'm heading to San Francisco tomorrow morning (8/9/08) to take a 2-week training course to become a Tour Director. Since I love to travel but have no money to do so, I tried to think of a way to get paid to do it. ITMI (International Tour Management Institute) http://tinyurl.com/64q2o8 is hopefully the answer to my prayers.

If I do well, no small feat since I haven't been in a classroom for 35 years, I will apply to several Tour companies and hopefully get hired to be a tour director, that is the person who supervises tour groups thru their trips. It seems to be an ideal career for me since I love to travel and I love to boss people around.

I leave Saturday at 8:00 AM and arrive in SF at 1:00 PM after a stop-over in Las Vegas. I'll try not to lose my lunch money there. I'll spend the weekend getting set up in the
Hotel Mayflower http://tinyurl.com/6db9jc and begin class at the Hotel Nikko http://tinyurl.com/6owk8c on Monday at noon.

Stay tuned here for updates and pictures from my trip...and...wish me luck!!!

I am OUTTA here!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi AA- great blog !! Love the start-up......will anxiously await the posts....lots of love and luck to you !!

Anonymous said...

Hi Alice...good Luck, and have a good trip. Hopefully will see you when you get back. keep on learning what ever it is you want to learn, and then some. Much Love your MOM

Anonymous said...

Alice...this is a really cute site. LOVE the front page, colors, and setup.
Well, you know I wish you the best.
Have a great time, and make sure you take notes LOL. Love you a bunch Nancy:)

Ann Orlando said...

Hi Alice, sounds like so much fun. San Francisco is a great place and would love to be on a tour with you being the guide, would have to be a riot. The photo of the luggage adds so much to the blog. Can't wait to hear about all your experiences. Love Ya Ann

Lady Lif said...

I give this blog an A+!!!!!

Can wait to check back for updates on your travels to San Fran and beyond!!

Anonymous said...

Here's to you my friend...xoxo
Love you tons, Jul
PS when you come home can you teach me to blog?

Anonymous said...

having been on tours with you ,you can teach them a few things!
We're so proud of you for following your dream!

Love
H&K

Anonymous said...

When you said you were in a classroom 35 years ago, you forgot when you and I were doing geneology research. In the parking lot of the Plainview trip, you said to me (I quote) I feel like you and I are going back to school. I never forgot that, I thought it was so cool, because I can't remember how many times I had to yell at you for picking the bites from mosquitoes. You were such a cute little girl.

Anonymous said...

How cool is that?! That's a total dream job..you must share every moment with us!

Unknown said...

Sounds like an awesome job!
you are going to do wonderful at the tour school! and get hooked up with a great tour guide job!!!!
good luck