Monday, August 18, 2008

Eighth Day...No time for play

Another jam-packed classroom day. We started level two today.

Lots of practical info about getting hired, and once hired how to actually approach managing a tour, mapping skills, history of the Tourism industry, and finally a quick exercize where we had to quickly research a topic for about a minute, and then make a 45 second verbal presentation. Everyone in the class seems to be doing better at presenting commentary and so it is becoming less stressful and more fun.

Sorry for such a short post but I have to prepare for a longer commentary which will be presented on the coach on Wednesday on the way to our overnight trip to Lassen Volcanic National Park. http://tinyurl.com/68js8h

So I will just post some pictures here and you can provide your own commentary.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you!!! The pics are just breathtaking! What needs to be said, right? Keep up the great work!

Anonymous said...

OMG !!! That can't be the Unknown Garage Cleaner in that cable car, can it ?

Lady Lif said...

You sound busy!!!!!!!!!! Try and have some fun wouldya???

Anonymous said...

Hey alice... Are they like the birds you held in Italy?..Moma wants that picture.

Anonymous said...

You're doing sooooo great! You're inspirational! And thanks to KC for explaining how to post on the blogs! Yay!
Out of curiosity, if you hit a snag on a tour, can you just hustle everyone over to the winery for some 'tasting'?

Alice said...

Great idea Laura, I will try it and see what my instructor thinks of that idea!

Chris, this IS fun for me in a sadistic sort of way.

Nancy, no that was a giant parrot or cocatu or something like that, I really can't be sure because the guy who handled him was a mime...never spoke a word. LOL
Tell Moma I will make her the picture when I get home.

anonymous...It may have been the UGC but the cable car was moving so fast (9 mph) that I couldn't get a good look.

Jana, Thanks! glad you are enjoying my adventure.

Anonymous said...

Awesome pix !! What a great day...MORE MORE MORE !

Anonymous said...

Great work.