Saturday, October 18, 2008

Trouble in Paradise

So we get to the hotel in Nantasket Beach after dark, but as it turns out that is the least of my worries. I get my stack of envelopes with room keys and begin to distribute to my group on the bus and it turns out that there is a key for a couple, the Lucas's who are not in my group. Not so bad, right?
Well the rest of the problem is that there are 4 couples and a single gent in my group who have no room assignments. The hotel is full so they need to transfer them to another hotel. They promise to have them back here by 7:00 AM for breakfast so we can then go on our guided city tour of Boston. They also promise to buy them dinner and drinks and give them delux rooms with a view tomorrow and Monday nights when they come back here.
So we get that all squared away and pack 9 people and their luggage in a van and send them off to the other hotel and I believe everything is now ok. So I go to my room and then decide to go down to the restaurant to make sure everyone is satisfied with their accomodations and I find Mr. and Mrs. Roberts at the front desk talking to the staff. I ask them what the problem is and they tell me that when they got to their room there was no bed in it! They called down to the front desk and reported the problem so the staff sent a bellman up with a bed and Mrs. Roberts had to supervise the assembly of the bed until the bellman gave up and they went back down to the desk and that's when I came upon the scene. As it turned out there was one room left ( the one that was assigned to a couple who was not in my group) and so the Roberts' are now in the Lucas's room, I don't know where the Lucas's are but they are not in my group so i really don't care about them.
Hopefully I will gather all my chicks tomorrow morning and we will procede to Boston. Who knows what evil lurks there.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Yikes!! I said 'small mishap' , but I guess I am satisfied with this... How come you didn't offer them YOUR room ???? lol....

This might be a test- if so, I think you've passed it- one problem at a time, and move to the next !

Good luck !
PS- did someone win the clap award today?

Alice said...

I just printed the clap medallions, I will begin awarding them tomorrow.

LaSal said...

Holy clap, I mean crap! It's amazing how you take these problems (ie: lack of needed meds; non-existant rooms) in stride and just roll them over in solutions! Can't wait for the next update... lol

Lady Lif said...

That's a doozy of an issue there!!! As usual you perservered!

Anonymous said...

Okay..so ONE small snag in the road. That's not bad, right? Sounds like you handled it in a calm, cool, and collected fashion!

Anonymous said...

I think someone saw how smoothly things were going and felt you were enjoying yourself a little too much to be called work. Sounds like you handled it perfectly - well done!

Anonymous said...

yikes.... I am missing my morning blog hit- its Tuesday and there is no post.......maybe they all ARE spies !

Hope your day was great enough to disappoint all your adoring blog-fans !!!