Wednesday, October 29, 2008

The Museum of the City of New York

Today I went on another day trip to Manhattan with a group of 48 from the Bronx. We then went to lunch at The Sea Shore Restaurant in City Island.
Who even knew there was a museum called the "Museum of The City of New York?" Not me.
Its a really nice little museum that on Fifth Ave and 103rd St. that has exhibits about the history and culture of NY City. http://www.mcny.org/
Since this group was a church affiliated senior group, the exhibit we went to see was called "Catholics in NY," but there are several other exhibits that were even more appealing to me if not to these very Catholic ladies.
There is an exhibit about shows on Broadway, the history of NY Firefighters, and a few others, but the one that was a favorite was the toy and dollhouse exhibit. There were lots of antique toys and amazing dollhouses. Almost everyone saw a toy displayed that she had as a child, including me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is my kind of spot! I LOVE those dollhouses...Barbie's dreamhouse couldn't hold a candle!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a neat place - how was lunch ???