Monday, May 18, 2009

Worth the Wait

Out of the clouds of NY and into the sunshine of Georgia...it's already WORTH the long tiring day I had HURRYing up and WAITing. I left home at 6:30 AM to WAIT for an 11:18 AM flight from LaGuardia to Atlanta GA. When I arrived there at 2:00 PM, I HURRIED up to get my luggage so I could meet my driver, Danny and load my luggage onto the bus...and WAIT for my group to arrive at 5:50 PM. I spent the afternoon WAITing and discussing the tour plan with Danny and then at 6:00 PM I HURRIED up and got to the baggage-claim area where I was to WAIT for my group. So I WAITed and WAITed and WAITed until the group started to HURRY up to me to find their luggage and HURRY to board the bus and WAIT for the rest of the group to get thru security. I was WAITING for 40 passengers. Only 38 of them HURRIED up to WAIT for the last two...Mr. and Mrs. WORTH.
At 8:00 PM, with 38 people WAITING on the bus, I decided it wasn't WORTH the WAIT to WAIT for the WORTHS, so I HURRIED up and got on the bus and we began our 2.5 hour journey to our hotel in Montgomery, AL. About 2 hours into the trip I got a call from the hotel to tell me that the WORTHs were still WAITing at the airport. It seems that Security didn't feel it was WORTH letting the WORTHs into the country until they scrutinized them more thoroughly. So the WORTHs had to WAIT for a Greyhound bus to bring them to the hotel where we will WAIT patiently for them to join our group. I hope they are WORTH the WAIT. You can't make this stuff up.
Tomorrow, we head for New Orleans.

8 comments:

kathy said...

lolol...Already it starts !! I hope it is worth the wait for the Worths...............and not a waste waiting for the Worths.

OK- so, where are you now ????

Have fun !

Alice said...

We're in the hotel in Montgomery waiting for the Worths. We'll leave here at 8:00 Am with or without the worths.

LaSal said...

Wow. WORTHy entry for your blog.

kathy and honour said...

Hope the Worths made it
and they are worthy of the trip
have a fun day!

Pete said...

As long as you are willing to walt for the Worth's, I hope the Worth's are worthy of the waiting?

kathy said...

What's the WORTH that can happen if you don't think the WORTHs are worth waiting for?

Alice said...

My life as a tour director would be Worthless if I didn't think the Worths were worth waiting for.

Chrissy Lif said...

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!