Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Group 2

After the infamous Choo Choo ride with group 1 we had to make a 2+ hour beeline for the airport. As we got on the coach one of the gentleman passengers asked if he could use the microphone, so after I finished my update on what was happening next I gave him the mic. He made a very sweet speech about what an enjoyable tour they had and thanked Danny and me for such a good job. The speaker was none other than...you guessed it...Mr. Worth! So in the end I have to say that the Worths were definitely Worth waiting for!
We got to the airport with less than an hour to spare before Group 2 arrived, so after we said our goodbyes, while Danny cleaned the bus, I ran into the terminal to fetch group 2. Everyone made it thru customs this time and after I collected everyone we got underway to our hotel in Montgomery, Alabama.
We had a night's rest and were ready to roll at 7:30AM. I ensured that all 46 pieces of luggage were on the coach and proceeded to count the passengers. When I was sure that we had all 44 of them I gave Danny the OK and we were off. Do you see where I'm going with this? We were a few miles down the road toward the interstate when I got a call from Maryann, the manager of the hotel to tell me that I left 2 passengers there!!! So back we went to collect Mr. & Mrs. Beckett, who were waiting at the front door of the hotel. I went to greet them and told them..."The good news is...we have your luggage!"
Needless to say Mr. & Mrs. Beckett are never the last ones on the coach anymore...I guess you could say they are always at my "Beckett call".

4 comments:

Pete said...

WOW, You didn't have to reach to far for that one. Can't wait to see what Kathy will come up with for the Beckett's. So in retrospect, did you miss the Beckett's or did the Beckett's miss the bus? And were the Beckett"s worth retrieving as the Worthe were worth waiting for.

LaSal said...

Where do you get the energy? It's exhausting just reading what you're doing.

So, were the Beckett's becketting you to come get them?

kathy said...

I hope the Becketts don't become wreck-its and that they are on time for the rest of the trip.

So, from now on, make sure you check the Becketts.

Chrissy Lif said...

I agree with LaSal. How do you do it????