Friday, May 29, 2009

Elvis Frenzy

If it's at all possible my group 2 is even more crazy for Elvis than group 1 was. One lady began to cry when she saw the streetsign for Elvis' Birthplace!
We had dinner at Club 152 http://www.club152memphis.com/, on Beale Street in Memphis. The Elvis impersonator is excellent...During the show he throws out a couple of scarves to the crowd and naturally the audience goes wild and whomever doesn't catch one is devastated. After the show a couple of ladies in my group cried to me "We want a scarf...." So I ran to where "Elvis" was signing autographs and posing for pictures and asked if they had any more scarves. They told me they had plenty but they were $5 each...I grabbed a bunch of them and ran back thru the crowd and began tossing them to whomever offered $5.oo. It was a frenzied cacaphony of Elvis love. What a riot. I never saw such a happy bunch of people in my life!
Oh, and when I handed "Elvis" a fistfull of money I got a free "Elvis" scarf for my efforts.

Today...Sun Studio and Graceland

1 comment:

kathy said...

lolol...You'd do ANYTHING for your group, huh ? No shame whatsoever....

Can you get ME a scarf ? 10 bucks.