Wednesday, September 3, 2008

My First Assignment!

I got a job!! Just two days after I came home from San Francisco I got a notice from ITMI that there is a company in California booking for a UK Tour Company and looking for a Tour Director based on the east coast. I sent my resume and got the job. Yayyy!

It's two seven-day back-to-back fall foliage tours of Vermont and Massachusetts, with a city tour of Manhattan and a city tour of Boston.

Here's the link for the brochure of the tour: http://tinyurl.com/5apwg6

Both tours are a full coach of 52 people. I have been routing and researching since Saturday and will continue to do so until the night befor the first tour! The first one is Oct 8-14 and the second is Oct 15-21.

I am going to do a practice tour with Peter in the Monaco coach on Sept 12th-17th just to see the areas I will be touring in October with the British group. I need all the help I can get, and I will be more confident after I have actually traveled the route and seen the sites.

I will naturally take lots of pictures and post them with daily updates on this blog.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WISH WE COULD GO ON THE "PRACTICE RUN!"

YOU WILL DO GREAT!

Lady Lif said...

That is so cool.... Can I come on the practice run??? I promise to whine about having to go to the bathroom at least every hour.

Anonymous said...

*APPLAUSE!*

That's fantastic! It sounds like a great gig..you're gonna blow them away. Just pretend you're talking to all of us. Congrats!

Unknown said...

we are so proud of you!
wow that is awesome
you are going to do great
have fun.

Joe Mattioli said...

Alice ... congratulations hun ... you will do perfect I'm sure of it keep the faith you make us all proud ..