Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Countess

One of the most stressful chores of this job is counting the people. I have to count them everytime we board the coach before we can begin the journey...that is everytime...every morning, every rest area stop, every time we board the coach again. This probably doesn't seem like a very difficult thing to do but for some reason (old age) no matter what method I use I always come up with a different answer. So this process quickly becomes a comical event on the coach.
Now my passengers have begun to call me "The Countess". I rather enjoy the title...especially when they bow!
On Monday we spent the day in Boston and on Tuesday we went to Rhode Island, visited the Marble House, a Vanderbilt mansion on the Cliff Walk, then enjoyed free time at the restaurants and shops at the wharf in Newport.
Hopefully I will have a connection at our next hotel and will be able to post some pictures.

3 comments:

kathy said...

Looking forward to the pix, but it won't matter if you get another Presidential suite ! Enjoy !

LaSal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
LaSal said...

Glad to have some royalty in the family. Your hard work has paid off. (I deleted the last comment because of the 'you're/your' typo.) ;p