Friday, April 23, 2010

Back in Texas!!

After watching and waiting and wondering what the Iceland Volcano would do to my UK group's chances of flying over the pond for our Texas tour, the suspense was finally over on Wednesday morning when I got word that the skies were open again. I think they were one of the first planes to take off from Heathrow Airport when the ban was lifted.
So here we are, after a greuling day of travel for them and for me, in the Lone Star State to see Texas in the Spring. Only one lady has arrived without her luggage. I have no idea how this could have happened since they were on a non-stop flight, one plane from London to Fort Worth. Her luggage is either still at Heathrow or it ended up on a plane to some other destination. Hopefully it will catch up with us at our first hotel in Fort Worth which is where we arrived last night at about 9:30.
Today we're headed for the the Fort Worth Stockyards via the Grapevine Vintage Railroad Train http://tinyurl.com/m57wx4
We'll spend some time at the Stockyards, then head into Fort Worth for dinner.
I've heard that three tornados touched down in Texas yesterday...I see no tornadoes but although it rained earlier this morning the sun is shining now and Texas is in full spring bloom. I'll post some pictures later.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Love San Antonio. Bruce and I took a boat ride at night during Christmas. Beautiful!!!