Sunday, November 30, 2008

Comfortable Shoes...


...well, at least I thought they were comfortable when I walked the length of the coach before we left for DC on Saturday. And they were comfortable while we were at Union Station for breakfast at the Station Grill http://www.thestationgrill.com/. The "eggs florentine" were to die for. They were comfortable as we walked to the Library of Congress, http://www.loc.gov/index.html... the Jefferson building of the library is the most spectacular and beautiful building in Washington, and that is even before you consider the more than 17 million books to read there. (I recommended that you kick off your shoes, no matter how comfortable they are, and get an early start and make a large pot of coffee before you start reading.)

My shoes were even comfortable when I called my ITMI friend Mike and arranged to meet him all the way accross town at Dupont Circle for lunch. We took the metro there and even managed to transfer from one metro line to the other to get there, while my shoes were still bearable but getting pinchy. It was great to see Mike and hear about his adventures. Mike is a DC Guide so he was able to direct us to the Lincoln Memorial via the metro for most of the way and then via my increasingly uncomfortable shoes the rest of the way.

The Lincoln Memorial http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lincoln_Memorial at night is an incredible sight as is the Washington Monument http://tinyurl/62hthx
Today I'm wearing fur-lined crocks!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apparently, those 'uncomfortable' comfortable shoes didn't stop you from visiting anything - I think ANY shoes (yes- even fur-lined crocks) will take their toll if you walk around Washington, DC or any other destination, for that matter... You can't miss a thing, right ?
Now you need a foot massage !
Enjoy and stay warm !
beauty pix !! Glad you were able to hook up with your friend..

LaSal said...

Awww, poor baby! So sorry to hear your feet were hurting. Hope the fur lined croc's are way better!

Lady Lif said...

I was gonna say exactly what Kathy said....

Anonymous said...

hehe - you know what's funny about this post... I did the exact same thing a few years ago with the girls. Those monuments are so big, they look so close, but once you start walking, you realize they are FAR AWAY from each other.

Anonymous said...

cool !